[hpsdr] Norton Amplifiers and Noise Performance

KA2WEU at aol.com KA2WEU at aol.com
Wed Jul 26 11:44:02 PDT 2006

Phillips sells a + 50 dBm , low noise push pull module with extremely low
S12.
Take a look at their web site.

73 de Ulrich N1UL

In a message dated 26.07.2006 20:25:18 Westeuropäische Normalzeit,
ray.anderson at xilinx.com writes:

*****  High Performance Software Defined Radio Discussion List *****

>>     Can anyone comment on what  attributes the Makhinson (N6NWP) circuit
>> (which is essentially a pair of Norton amps  in push-pull) brings to the
>> table that would make it preferable over the  Norton amp in this
>> application.
>The main advantage of a push-pull amplifier is  that you'll get vastly
improved
>second-order inter-mod. performance. The  third-orders will improve by about

>3dB as well.
>I have to be a little cautious about what I due to  professional
confidences.
>It's certainly possible to get around +50dBm IPI3  from a push-pull Norton
>amplifier, and the BFG591 which has been  mentioned, is capable of
approaching

--
Chris-
Thanks for your insightful comments  regarding Norton amps and noise

HPSDR  Discussion List
To post msg: hpsdr at hpsdr.org
HPSDR web page:  http://hpsdr.org
Archives:  http://lists.hpsdr.org/pipermail/hpsdr-hpsdr.org/