[hpsdr] board orders

Lawrence Stoskopf stoskopf at tri.net
Thu Jun 1 13:22:15 PDT 2006

 From a non-developer, but anxious user:

1.  One might assume that some or most of the guys ordering ATLAS boards
will want some or most of the plug in boards, so would expect significant
orders of the non-beta boards.

2.  With the specialized parts, such at the DSP chips, it is going to be
tough for everyone to get from a supplier in ones or twos and I suspect that
eventually someone is going to have all the boards and parts for a project
and never be able to get one of the special ones and no substitute.  I found
this problem out when I planned a project around a special op amp, verified
that it was available, laid the board out and submitted the layout to
ExpressPC, got called to dinner, came back and the total stock was sold out
a mere four hours later.

This is a great project, not sure how these issues can be resolved.  Not
picking on the Pinoccio board order, but after what we will all end up
spending on this project, the cost of a couple of those boards is very
minimal if ordered in bulk.

N0UU