[hpsdr] LO Source

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 7 13:15:33 PDT 2006

I'm not a fan of DDS but I wonder if any of you guys have looked at the 9858 as part of a pll. Check out the schematics of the eval board AD plans to sell.
  Drente did a QEX article a while back that used a DDS to generate a reference and the VCO ran with a fixed divide by N  back to the phase detector, so the tuning was via the DDS changing the reference.
  We should not settle for a source that has spurs 75 dB down and try for 100 dB of dynamic range in the radio.
  Joining up with TAPR is like finding a new high yield oil field..good deal!  frank wa1gfz