[hpsdr] GNU tools for HPSDR ( Was Re: hpsdr Digest, Vol 4, Issue 16)

Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan vu3rdd at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 21:20:31 PDT 2006

On 6/11/06, Lyle Johnson <kk7p at wavecable.com> wrote:

> The AMSAT mission dictates the TMS320C6726 for performance and power
> budget reasons.  Sasquatch will get the benefit of the hardware work I
> am doing for AMSAT, and Frank's and Bob's porting of their dsp sdr core
> routines to it, also for AMSAT.
>
> For the developer, the TI tools are a problem.
>
> So, perhaps someone who knows the Gnu tools can do a port to this DSP?

Lyle and others,

There is a project to port gcc to C6x, but it hasn't produced a good
compiler yet.

Instead I would suggest that we also develop a ADI Blackfin BF533
(TQFP package is available for it) based DSP board also in parallel.
Blackfin has the advantage
that the tools are all available for free including a free uClinux kernel.

--
    Ramakrishnan - VU3RDD