[hpsdr] [OZY-USB] REVXA.6 PCB and CAM files posted for review

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Wed Jun 7 13:45:33 PDT 2006

Hello Phil!

> If there are no big show stoppers the OZY-USB will be ready for alpha.

Some observations:

1) It appears the design rules are 8 mil trace, 8 mil space.  Correct?

2) It might be handy to have a dot, or a numeral 1, or other indicator
showing pin 1 on HDR1, HDR2, J2, J11.  The bodies of the parts will
cover the square pads and silkscreen boxes.

3) Similarly, several of the ICs have no clear indication of polarity:
U13, U7, U4, U5...

4) Is it worth putting a ground pad near an edge of Y1 so we can
(optionally) ground the crystal case to reduce radiation from it?

5) The diodes (D1-D13) have no polarity marking visible on the
silkscreen or on the pads.

6) The silkscreen "3.3V" is under the tab of U1 - bad for soldering and
the info is covered when the part is installed.

7) Similar comment for "1.2V" under the tab at U15.

8) The silkscreen line width at P1 seems too narrow.

9) I tend to do a renumber of the reference designators after I lay the
board out so the part references increment in an easily recognized
pattern.  Especially when troubleshooting a prototype, it makes locating
a part much faster.  This results in a more random distribution of
designators on the schematic, but there you are mostly looking for
function and not physical placement mapping.

***

I am looking forward to building this beast!

73,

Lyle KK7P