[hpsdr] PicoPSU

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Thu Jun 8 20:10:49 PDT 2006

> The 60/80W (80 watts peak) version uses a variable dc input from 6 to 26
> VDC input which would be ideal for mobile use or powering off a
> “station” power supply.

This would be my preferred solution.

It might be helpful to list the voltages and currents the supply is
capable of.  I suspect most of the power is +5V or +3.3V.

> The 120 W version uses a fixed 12 V regulated power input and Chris says
> it drops out at 13+ volts.
>
> Is 60W likely to be able to power 3 or 4 or more project boards?

Yes.  If we have a Tx that runs power, it will probably run from 13.8
VDC or some other voltage, not supplied by or through the Atlas backplane.

> Also how many folks would be interested in this type of supply.

If I knew it was sufficiently quiet to include a decent receiver in the
same box, I'd be very interested.  But if it is noisy, then for many
radio applications it wouldn't be suitable.  Like the old
liner-to-switching-to-linear 5V regulator exercise we went through with
the SDR-1000 back in '03.

73,

Lyle KK7P