[hpsdr] PicoPSU

Eric Ellison ecellison at comcast.net
Thu Jun 8 19:59:33 PDT 2006

Folks

John - W9DDD and I have been chatting a bit about future offerings based on
HPSDR. The PicoPSU came to mind, and at least on the mini-box site there is
a pretty big volume discount $50 down to $35 at 100 parts. A couple of
foreign sites show this item at 50 pounds. The quandary regardless of
whatever is decided is WHICH one would we choose?

Neither of these need a 10 ohm 10 watt load resistor to provide power, as a
full sized ATX power supply needs.

The 60/80W (80 watts peak) version uses a variable dc input from 6 to 26 VDC
input which would be ideal for mobile use or powering off a "station" power
supply.

The 120 W version uses a fixed 12 V regulated power input and Chris says it
drops out at 13+ volts.

Is 60W likely to be able to power 3 or 4 or more project boards?

Also how many folks would be interested in this type of supply.

Just Phishing!

Thanks

Eric