[hpsdr] parts kit vs mounted SMT

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 12:11:24 PDT 2006

On 6/9/06, John Koster <w9ddd at tapr.org> wrote:

> I could see a situation where joe-ham orders, we ship the 'kit' to his
> selected joe-microscope-eyes.  J-m-e puts the desired parts on and sends
> it on to joe-ham who pays j-m-e for his services and shipping to final
> destination.  I think TAPR would be hesitant to have an approved vendors
> list, but I suspect that information could be passed back and forth on
> this list.
>
> --
> 73,
> John, W9DDD

Yep, should be no problem to compile a list of names (maybe on the
HPSDR Wiki?)

There is a local guy (Columbus) that does small quantity hand soldering of SMT
(actually he does it out of his garage).  [Actually I did not really
find him, OSU had used him many times in the past for small projects
and I only discovered this fact for the Physics dept.]  We used him
for some OSU stuff after I got tired of soldering the boards myself.

He does a great job - very professional...
Very reasonable on the price since he is retired and it is just
something for him to do in retirement.  He has all the anti-static
stuff, microscope, rework stations, etc...

73 de Phil N8VB