[hpsdr] parts kit vs mounted SMT

Robert McGwier rwmcgwier at comcast.net
Fri Jun 9 03:30:18 PDT 2006

Ditto.  How many in this large and growing group have the necessary
microscope,  hand tools etc. to do the successful application of these
find pitched parts?  These parts were made for machine soldering.  No,
crazy is the right word since those of us with the necessary tools are a
tiny percentage of this group.   We need to choose a contract
manufacturer to put on these parts.  We could then escape all sorts of
ugly difficulties with kit rework and unhappy "customers" if we dole out
only through hole parts (where there are any).

Bob