[hpsdr] parts kit vs mounted SMT

brainerd at wildblue.net brainerd at wildblue.net
Fri Jun 9 12:09:02 PDT 2006

  I for one, would be interested in the bare boards with only the fine-pitch IC's
mounted if the price is not too much above the bare board and parts cost.  I have no
problem with the smd caps and resistors.  Although I do have a microscope and
have been experimenting with a toaster oven, the fine pitch IC's are still a pain.  I
would also be interested in sources of inexpensive assemblers and also in the rules
(ie spacings, orientations, center point, etc) for designing boards for machine
placement.

Dave - WB6DHW