[hpsdr] Training wheels for MaxII?

John B. Stephensen kd6ozh at comcast.net
Sat Jun 10 20:29:55 PDT 2006

$6 is expensive. Altera EPM3032 and EPM3064 CPLDs are $1 and $2 in unit
quantities and you can still get them in PLCC pakages that fit in sockets
that mount on 0.1" grid perf. board.

If you need more than the MaxII, Xilinx XC3S200 and XC3S400 FPGAs are much
larger and are $13 and $22 at Nu Horizons in quantities of 1. These come in
100 and 144-pin QFPs. Xilinx development software, including FFT, CORDIC and
other free IP, is now downloadable from their website at no charge.

MSI CMOS logic is dead.

73,

John
KD6OZH