[hpsdr] CASMIR design v0.4 plus introducing COPERNICUS!

pvharman at arach.net.au pvharman at arach.net.au
Sun Jun 11 18:05:59 PDT 2006

I think we should avoid relays if possible. The latest switches should have a
high enough IP so as to not be the limiting factor on the receiver
performance.   If we do have to use relays then bleed a little current through
the contacts to help keep them clean over the long term. The CDG2000 does this
along with a number of commercial designs.

In my SDR I use the bandpass filters from the Pic-A-Star design. Each is a ham
band wide filter with good shape factor and low insertion loss on the high
bands. The inductors were hard to find about 18 months ago so I expect we will
need to find alternatives. There are also lots of 1% silver mica capacitors
that I'm not sure have an SMD alternative. It was a lot of effort to hand
build the board but the performance is excellent.

I can provide a copy of the circuits and components that I used. I am
currently using this in front of the LT2208, with a high performance pre-amp,
to test the Mercury design.

73's Phil....VK6APH