[hpsdr] CASMIR design v0.4 plus introducing COPERNICUS!

Naylor Jonathan naylorjs at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 12 05:22:49 PDT 2006

> If we're saying 1kHz is too small of a step size, then what's the
> maximum step size we can reasonably handle?
> 5kHz? 10kHz? 30kHz? If we're going to have the capability within the
> software, let's maximize it.

The simple answer is .... it depends.

What is your sample rate?

What is the bandwidth of your widest filter/mode?

How wide do you want your bandscope to be?

Don't forget your RIT!

Once you can answer all of these then you can make a stab at
calculating  your largest step size. If you're not bothered about FM,
and a +-5 kHz RIT then a 48 kHz sample rate is usable. With a 96 kHz
sample rate you can easily use 10 kHz steps (these are the uwsdr
values), have FM, and a reasonably wide band scope, without getting too
close to either 0 Hz or exceeding the Nyquist limit.

> Alex, N3NP

Jonathan   ON/G4KLX