[hpsdr] HPSDR Context - high-level viewof how the cards fit together (DRAFT)

Robert McGwier rwmcgwier at comcast.net
Tue Jun 13 17:48:44 PDT 2006

Alex:

Some of it does not fit with what I thought was happening.

Horton takes in analog RF and produces I/Q by doing quadrature
integrate/sample/hold detection but then only after opposite phase
samples have been subtracted from each other.  And like all
unimplemented undesigned things,  it is supremely powerful and
perfect.    ;-).  The original proposal said a QSD would be used, so I
base my comments on that.  You show I/Q coming in from the front end.

Mercury can take in analog RF and produce I/Q since its ONLY function is
likely to be to act as a DDC.  I supposed it could take in I/Q but I
would personally like to see a really good argument for it before it
made sense to me.

Casmir needs to produce RF to be amplified and mixed and if you are
using the I/Q modulators and demodulators from AD respectively,  then it
will produce a single analog RF output or receive a single analog input.

Did I get stuff wrong in my head?

Bob
N4HY