[hpsdr] HPSDR Context - high-level viewof how the cards fit together (DRAFT)

Alberto I2PHD i2phd at weaksignals.com
Wed Jun 14 00:11:31 PDT 2006

Alex wrote:

> So COPERNICUS has some filtering and maybe an amp. Should the mixer/modulator/demodulator be there too?

I don't see how putting there mixers/modulators/demodulators would fit into the so far proposed architecture. Those are
tasks already assigned either to HORTON or to MERCURY (which, IMHO, are mutually exclusive).
The COPERNICUS board, should it ever exist, is the place for bandpass filtering (commanded either by SASQUATCH or by the
PC through OZYMANDIAS) and possibly a LNA for the Rx chain, with the possibility to bypass it (and maybe an attenuator
should the dynamic of the entire system fall short of what is expected...)
No I/Q signals either In or Out from that card.

Just my two Eurocents.

73  Alberto  I2PHD