[hpsdr] SHARC samples

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Wed Jun 14 09:36:42 PDT 2006

> Looks like one heck of a nice part but I have one big question.
>
> ROM from the factory! How the heck to get it to run your software
> without ordering 10K units? Is there a flash version? It seems like
> it is a production part not a part for small projects.

While not stated in the data sheet referenced, it is common for DSP
vendors to include some set of common library routines, or useful data,
in the general version of their ROM-fortified DSPs.  I would expect the
SHARC to do the same.

The TI TMS320C6726, for example, includes boot programs and a subset of
their floating point utility library in the ROM.

This is, of course, only speculation...

73,

Lyle KK7P