[hpsdr] Horton LO

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Fri Jun 16 11:49:19 PDT 2006

In essence, we take the 500 MHz clock, run it to an LVDS transmitter to
get differential drive (and accept whatever jitter comes from the LVDS
driver).  We then use a pair of LVPECL D flip-flops to create the
Johnson Counter.  These are spec'ed at psec levels of jitter.

The four outputs from the counters are then fed through LVDS/LVPECL to
LVTTL buffers to get our four-phase 125 MHz clock. These feed our FPGA
clock inputs.

Four outputs from the FPGA drive the QSD sampling switch directly, with
a 50% duty cycle output (or perhaps some other duty cycle if it is
better to do so). Or drive multiple QSDs for diversity reception...

For Tx, we can use the same outputs, or add four more programmable
dividers to drive the sampling switch for the QSE, so we can do full
duplex on two different frequencies :-)

73,

Lyle KK7P