[hpsdr] Fwd: Horton LO - further thoughts

Jim Miller jim at jtmiller.com
Sat Jun 17 15:18:41 PDT 2006

While we're waiting for adaptive cancellation of big sigs mentioned by Bob
in the HPSDR presentation it might make sense to make a "tweet reducer"
knob.

This would be a knob that when turned would move the DDS output frequency
while moving the software decoder to offset the movement thus keeping the
same tuned frequency.

The operator upon hearing a interfering signal or signals could turn the
"tweet reducer" until a quiet spot was realized as a result of moving a spur
off a mixing signal.

There's no guarantee one could be found on a jammed band but I suspect at
least in this part of the sunspot cycle it would be worth implementation
most of the time.

And that would give us two more Analog Devices product cycles to reach new
lows in the SFDR of their products! ;-)

This could be in combination with the already existing approach of selecting
"tuned frequencies" which have minimum spurious output.

That's one thing I really like about the way this project is going. You can
plug in the "next great thing" when it's ready yet enjoy what you've got
now.

73

jim ab3cv