[hpsdr] Warning on Atlas! NO HIGH TEMP WORK!

Robert McGwier rwmcgwier at comcast.net
Sat Jun 17 16:45:16 PDT 2006

--- snip ----
>>> Or a decision made by a select few.
>>>
>> I'm saddened that anyone posting to this list would even entertain this
>> type of thinking, much less express it publicly.  What possible benefit
>> accrues to the "select few" -- whoever that means -- to produce and
>> distribute inferior PC boards?

--- snip  ---
>> The sky is not falling down.
>>
>> 73,
>>
>> Lyle KK7P
>>

> Hi Lyle,
>
> Thanks for the clarification.   You were able to respond to this is a
> calm and cool manner to correct the misunderstanding.  I had to
> rewrite my earlier response three times, because of the "decision made
> by a select few" comment which immediately made me see red... :-)
>
> Thank goodness that most people mellow with age (me being one of
> them).  10 years ago my response to comments like this would have been
> quite different ;-)
>
> 73 de Phil N8VB

You can ask Lyle or Frank or almost anyone what my response would have
been 20 years ago.   I am VERY mild mannered today in comparison so I
can empathize.  I think the event would have been akin to Krakatoa.

What I say today  is _/*GIVE ME A BREAK*/_.   You have people here
giving up their time, talents,  personal intellectual property and it is
clearly for the good of the many  while some may simultaneously serve
their personal needs to experiment or benefit in other ways.  I know I
am.  There is not one piece of the technology being done here that will
fail to find a professional application for me.  That is why my employer
pays me to do this.  The constant stream of innovations and applications
that have come from the SDR work I have been doing has long since paid
for itself.    Now we have open source contributors popping up all over
my community of technical developers and now, it moves even to
hardware.  Thank goodness for all of the selfless wonderful things
people are doing here for all sorts of reasons.  But running a small
clique is not one of them.

The tone of the comments were uncalled for and require an apology.

73's
Bob
N4HY