[hpsdr] Fwd: Horton LO - further thoughts

KD5NWA kd5nwa at cox.net
Sat Jun 17 17:24:49 PDT 2006

I also was in shock when I first saw the inside of a SDR-1000, by the
amount of hardware, lack of shielding as you mentioned and use of
what looks like 20 gauge wire to distribute the power. Some of these
things I look forward to change and improve in the future.

I worked in the Bio Medical field in the past and one of the first
rules is massive ground, power distribution, and shielding  to help
minimize electrical noise, and avoidance of ground loops like the
plague that it is.

I'm not sure of the part number but is one of the AD98XX family
because of the low frequency clock. I've just recently bought one and
I been having problems with it.