[hpsdr] Warning on Atlas! NO HIGH TEMP WORK!

David Proctor d.c.proctor at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 01:54:03 PDT 2006

 This months IET review (used to be called IEE review) has an article about
this very subject.

"...laminates - even those that pass the stringent FR4 test for quality -
are generally unable to withstand the much higher temperatures for lead free
solders..."

However this is written by a rep from the PCB industry who may just (and I
am being cynical here) be trying to justify higher spec/cost processes.

In any event I shall be happy to manually add my own 60/40 to these boards
and heartily thank all those (particularly the select few) who are
organising this project and carrying it forwards.

David
F5VHI

On 6/18/06, Leon Heller <leon.heller at bulldoghome.com > wrote:

> [...]

snip

The temperature isn't very much higher for Pb-free solderand board