[hpsdr] Atlas, How do I hand solder this thing?

Steven Bible n7hpr at tapr.org
Sun Jun 18 12:32:48 PDT 2006

Mike,

I set my irons for 700-750 degrees for regular leaded 63/37 solder.  For
no-lead solders, you'll have to experiment (and read the data sheets) but
I've seen 800-850 degrees.

Don't worry too much about cooking SMT parts.  They can handle the temps.
Just do it quickly, and don't linger too long.  So far I have not damaged a
SMT part while hand soldering for the past 6 years.

73,

- Steve, N7HPR
 (n7hpr at tapr.org)