[hpsdr] Atlas, How do I hand solder this thing?

Thompson_Peter at emc.com Thompson_Peter at emc.com
Wed Jun 21 04:12:26 PDT 2006

The hot air gun approach looks interesting however, I see in the photos on
the web site that a cup warmer is used to raise the temp of the board before
applying heat from the gun.  In the example shown, the board is small enough
to fit on the surface of the warmer plate but I don't think such a plate is
big enough to accommodate the Atlas board.  Questions: how essential is it
to 'pre-warm' the board before applying heat with the gun?  Is the gun
capable of getting the job done on its own?

Pete, N3EVL

<snip>