[hpsdr] HPSDR webpage and new reflector

Don AE5K don at ae5k.us
Wed Mar 1 14:31:03 PST 2006

Hi all,

Tnx Ken for the QSL/check on the domain propagation.  It appears to have
gone very smoothly -- in fact this morning it was appearing before I
could even get a temp web page established.

I just finished putting the old xylo-sdr webpage with some revisions on
the new hdsdr.org website.  The page badly needs work and I don't have
enough time right now to do much more with it...eventually...

The reflector is ready to go -- I just turned on the archive option and
will make the subscriber list transfer from the xylo-sdr list to this
one after someone makes "The Announcement".  I don't know who should
make the announcement on the xylo-sdr list, but in the announcement it
should be mentioned that users who have spam blocking and white lists,
etc. should make the change immediately to include the new reflector
email.  They do not need to *and should not* unsubscribe from the old
reflector -- it will be done automatically (by me).

I will leave the old reflector up for another day or so, then
unsubscribe everybody from it, and put it in auto-responder mode to tell
anyone posting a new message to it to go to the new reflector.  The
archives of past messages will be moved to the new website --
unfortunately they won't be indexed quite so nicely, but they'll be
there and accessible.

In reference to Eric's suggestion about putting FPGA in the name to
allow more Google (and other) hits, I think that I'll try putting some
"meta" words on the webpage and see if that helps for someone searching
on FPGA and SDR, etc.

I'm not sure if I've forgotten anything or not -- things have gone quite
smoothly and my original estimate last night or early this morning of
switching over Friday or Saturday was just too pessimistic.  I think as
soon as Phil wakes up and reports that he's able to access the new
website and reflector, then I think it is a GO for the switch.

Who will make the announcement?

Glad I could help on this -- cannot contribute a lot technically, but
still looks like a very interesting project and a very worthwhile one.

73,
Don AE5K

--
I Haven't Lost My Mind - It's Backed Up On Disk Somewhere