[hpsdr] ATX vars Molex, my 2 cents

David Queen davideq at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 07:51:18 PST 2006

As I see it the 20 pin ATX allows use of the  picoPSU which is very neat.
Adaptor cables to allow a 24 pin supply are readily available.
Any thing you can do with the Molex connector and a custom cable hack could
also be bone with the 20 pin ATX connector.
The layout for the 20 pin is done so any change would cause addition work to
be required and add delay.

The only advantage  I can see to the Molex is  size which does not seem to
be a major issue on the current layout.

It seems to me the 20 pin ATX looks like a winner.

PS: I fully agree that during development power supplies with more
reasonable or adjustable current limits would be a prudent choice.
--
If you can read, thank a teacher.  If you can read in English., thank a
soldier.