[hpsdr] [ATLAS] - Watch the TOES!, (was proposed physical bus/pcb design 03March2006)

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 08:56:25 PST 2006

On 3/5/06, Eric Ellison <ecellison at comcast.net> wrote:
> Phil
>
> Thanks, where can I buy one? (or 100!)
>
> Eric

Hi Eric, group,

I know that I took up the task of getting the Atlas bus spec'd out and
I did not mean to step on any toes.  If someone wants to become
responsible for the Atlas design I would be glad to turn over
everything to that person.   I jumped in because I wanted to get the
Atlas tied down so I can turn my attention to the Mercury board.  I am
sure that Phil H and Bill would like to finally define the pin out of
the Janus board also.

I hope that the HPSDR project continues to be a community project with
many people contributing.

To all: if there is something you don't like about the Atlas design
PLEASE speak up!  If you'd like to be the person heading up the Atlas
- PLEASE feel free to jump in!  Otherwise I will continue to be
responsible for the Atlas by default - then I will move on to the
Mercury design.

I *do* appreciate all the comments and suggestion so far.

I am somewhat concerned that we have not heard from Bill (Janus) or
Leon (Lionheart) yet.  Guys, any comments/suggestions on the Atlas
design?

Unless someone volunteers, I will write up a document describing the
progress so far and what the names Atlas, Janus, Lionheart, and
Mercury mean for newcomers to the group.

73 de Phil N8VB