[hpsdr] Teamspeak Audio - 03-11-06 - Dayton etc.

Eric Ellison ecellison at comcast.net
Sat Mar 11 10:35:08 PST 2006

Folks!

Eric - AA4SW
Is working on producing Atlas motherboard for the HPSDR project. Phil
Covington N8VB created the project in PADS and, after incorporating
suggestions from hpsdr forum members for this component of the project which
will rapidly go to copper and be distributed for sale in the near future by
myself.  (Thanks Phil!)
Dayton Hamvention May 19-21, 2006. I have secured a block of 2 hours for SDR
presentations between Noon and 2 P.M. on 20 May. Tony - KB9YIG has accepted
a slot in the presentaions on the SoftRock40. Another slot is reserved for
HPSDR project, with Presenter to be determined. I will keep everyone
informed on the Dayton SDR happenings as we near the event. I will also post
Audio (via Teamspeak, as well as video) from the FlexRadio Suite on Saturday
night, sponsored by FlexRadio Systems. Gerald - K5SDR has a Forum session on
Saturday 20 May at 10 p.m.

Bob - K5KDN
Has again retired after a work stint in Austin. Reviewing CAT command set
and working with Flex.

Brian - VK1BF
Still waiting Fall and cooler temperatures, in Canberra!

Cecil - KD5NWA
Now has VS 2003 and planning the documentation on PowerSDR with volunteers.

Dale - WA8SRA
Will be posting an Atlas order form on HPSDR Atlas board.

Dan - N4XWE
Got DDS 60 kit from AmQRP and DDS 9851 for free as sample. Working on Linux
SDR Toutorial. Guy Atkins blog SWL in WA working 60 mtrs. SDR Linux group
meeting Thursday night 16 mai on Teamspeak (Friday 17, 0200 utc)

Hank - K9LZJ
Weekly SSB Net 14.329 at 1400 utc Sunday(s). K2WS Oscillator in use and
working great! Rock Solid at .05 ppm stability.

Larry - K2LT
Using SDR and fine in Texas. Still repairing Drakes to support the SDR
habit.

Phil - VK6APH
Testing for N4HY on preview 16, on AGC which works very nicely. Work on
generating CW inside of the FPGA for the Janus HPSDR board. Trying ideas on
an alternative buss switched Mixer for generating I/Q.

Rick - VE3MM
Packaging his Vector network analyzer in a box. Operating the Radio. Weather
is about 12 deg C and raining!

Bill - KD5TFD
Continuing to play with Janus A/D and building Cirrus 5381 chip. Behaving ok
but not spectacular as was expected. Still playing with.

Duane - W5PNM
Softrock40 V.5 modified with 10 k pot for image rejection working fine.

Post Forum discussions on:
Reflow of surface mount parts
Vector Analyzer!

Forum Audio: