[hpsdr] Lurker and Atlas

Lawrence Stoskopf stoskopf at tri.net
Thu Mar 30 14:38:37 PST 2006

 From a long time builder from the ARC-5 conversion days, my comments:

Take a look at the N2PK list:  Everyone is getting group buys of
oscillators, boards, etc. together and the list goes on and on.  TAPR has a
version which they farmed out to Ten-Tec with the USB version and the price
came out at more than I paid for my SDR-1000.  There will be a bunch of the
homebrew ones in various states of construction.  Much time spent on
incidentals.

Your project is technically/mechanically difficulty enough that my idea
would be to get some FAB house to get the boards out.  Let us stick them in
one of our old standard PC cases with power supply and get on with the rest
of the fun.

Whatever, keep having fun as this is all interesting to lurk.

N0UU