[hpsdr] [ATLAS] - proposed physical bus/pcb design 03March2006

Eric Ellison ecellison at comcast.net
Sun Mar 5 02:12:49 PST 2006

Second take

If a solution to the 20 - 24 pin is not quick and simple just stay with
current design. It accommodates the slick little pico supply and is KISS.
All the powers we need are on the 20 pin and Phil has allowed for the load
resistor etc. 20 pin supplies will be around for a long time. Probably a lot
longer than the life cycle of the Atlas. Future rev of the Atlas when 24 pin
supplies are far more prevalent than 20 pin is probably a better route.

24 pin to 20 pin adapter cables are readily available.

My second 2 cents. And vote. Really nice design Phil! Build it and we will
come!

Thanks
Eric