[hpsdr] More Atlas stuff...

Eric Ellison ecellison at comcast.net
Sun Mar 5 06:21:08 PST 2006

Phil

You really have thought of everything!

The really nice thing you have given us with this flexibility from a
production/distribution standpoint is that we only have to sell the board
and a BOM for the potential user, greatly reducing the inventory, and
investment for the distributor. The board parts really are available
worldwide.

IHMO: I second your motion on the power supply. I do think we could do away
with the -5 V. However the 3.3 V is a really 'nice to have' voltage for
experimenters, without having to derive from the +5 (as you mention).
Production board best practice would be to regulate +5 down. Other option is
just to make it available on a couple of pins, which you probably already
have on J-18, experimenters could just 'jumper it up' for testing on a
protoboard. J-18 is great. A short jumper to J-18 powers an 'off' buss
protoboard.

My vote is go with 20 pin.

Thanks
Eric