[hpsdr] [ATLAS] ATX Power Supply 20 VS 24 Pin

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 13:44:30 PST 2006

On 3/5/06, Mark Ericksen <merickse at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> Hello, I very much enjoy reading the messages on  this foruml  You probably already >know this, but many new ATX supplies  come with a 24 pin power connector that can be >separated into two connectors: a  20 pin and a 4 pin.  I have attached a photo.  I hope you >can view  it.  I no longer purchase supplies unless they come with this  connector.
>
> Mark Ericksen, AD4MA

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the info.  I assume the extra 4 pins are:

+12V
+5V
+3.3V
GND

as defined by the ATX 2.2 spec.  If this is the case then I assume we
can ignore the "extra" four pin connector and separate it out.

I haven't checked, but do most of the new supplies come with this
separable connector?

73 de Phil N8VB