[hpsdr] [ATLAS] - Watch the TOES!,

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 04:48:19 PST 2006

On 3/6/06, Ray Anderson <ray.anderson at xilinx.com> wrote:
> Phil-
>
> I've been coming up to speed on Kicad lately. Is there a path from
> Mentor Kicad that isn't too arduous?
>

> -Ray

Hi Ray,

Unfortunately there is no easy way to convert from PADS to Kicad.  I
was having some problems with PCBNEW in Kicad.  I did not want to take
the time to debug and fix the Kicad code so the design evolved in
PADS.  I am finally able to get Kicad to compile under mingw so I need
to make time to fix the bug.

Let me update the design with the latest requests/changes.  I will
then try to migrate the stuff to Kicad since that is what I want to
use in the end anyhow.

Once I get the schematic and layout in Kicad then I will send you what I have.

I will have gerbers available if we want to make a prototype run soon.

73 de Phil N8VB