[hpsdr] [ATLAS] Gerbers posted...

vk4str vk4str at netspace.net.au
Thu Mar 9 19:26:16 PST 2006

Phil,

Just did a few checks on the Gerbers and I am puzzled!

On Layer 1 the pins 10, 11, 20 are connected to GND?

On Layer 3 pins 1, 2, 11 are OK (+3.3V) but all others are connected
together without any isolated pads for several power and signal lines?

If I plug my picoPSU-120 ATX power supply into the connector I will get
a huge surprise.

Has anyone else checked out the Gerbers? Hope this does not become an
expensive mistake. In my opinion the ATX connector should conform to the
standard pinout, without having to cut wires in the ATX harness. Since
this is supposed to be group project it would be a good idea if a number
of people double check a layout to prevent any errors to slip through
unnoticed.

Flame suit on, could not stand by and let the Gerbers go out the door
like that before this is cleared up. No offence intended, I just dont
see why the Atlas boards need to be rushed through like that. No
momentum is lost at all, I would not want to order an Atlas alone
without having anything to plug into it. So it is reasonable to assume
that people will want to order an Atlas, a Lionheart and a Janus as a
starting configuration so they can do something useful.

Helmut