[hpsdr] [ATLAS] Gerbers posted...

Ray Anderson ray.anderson at xilinx.com
Fri Mar 10 08:35:18 PST 2006

>Helmut,

>A flame suit will not be necessary.  I am sure that Phil and the rest
of >the group are interested in everyone's comments about the hpsdr
project.

>I spent about two hours looking at the Gerber files, especially the
power >traces, and I do not see any problems.  Maybe it is a problem
with your >Gerber viewer.  I am using KiCad (07-jan-2006) - Unicode
version installed >on ubuntu 5.10.

>I am not sure the pdf files that Phil posted will give you the best
view of >the board.

>73

>Dan, N4XWE

I concur. I've just reviewed the Gerber power connections on Layers 1
and 3 around the region of the ATX20 connector (using Wise GerbView
13.0) and all seems to match up correctly with the schematic.

BTW, I tried Kicad Gerbview  (12-Jan-06) Unicode version under Win32 and
found that the plane layers (1 and 3) wouldn't display correctly for me.
(You could see all the pads etc. flash by in a few millisecs and then
they were covered by a solid plane.... very strange).

-Ray   WB6TPU