[hpsdr] [ATLAS] File update 10 March 2006

Eric Ellison ecellison at comcast.net
Fri Mar 10 15:07:59 PST 2006

Phil
Sorry but:

What? I think I understand but what missing ground plane?

If anyone attempts this with a $3.00 radio shack soldering iron you need
your head examined! I think I know someone who would assemble the board at a
price if you are incapable. I personally am NOT in favor of compromising the
electrical design for convenience if that is what is being suggested.

Eric

I added thermals to the DIN41612 and ATX connectors as requested by
Helmut.  I posted my reasons for wanting to avoid thermals on the top
layer, but upon further consideration I went ahead and added them
since people's soldering skills and capabilities vary widely.   It is
(probably?) more important to make it easy to construct than to worry
too much about the missing ground plane.  Any further comments on
this?

73 de Phil N8VB
HPSDR Discussion List
To post msg: hpsdr at hpsdr.org