[hpsdr] [OT] Shipping container overload

Christopher T. Day CTDay at lbl.gov
Wed Mar 15 12:03:04 PST 2006

It's all still musings in my head at this stage, but I wouldn't think
the CPU core of the FX2 had to do anything in a great hurry; all the
heavy USB transfer lifting would still be done by the USB core. The CPU
would only have to handle configuration changes and COMMAND messages.
This would make a USB device that could - maybe anyway, I have to read
the MS DDK documentation - yield a device that worked with generic USB
Audio Device drivers.

And speaking of commands, since the FX2 has a direct I2C master on chip,
it could be used to send configuration commands to the ADC/DACs and save
some space in the FPGA.

And we could use a similar route to control the keyer settings, the
oscillator stabilizer, etc. It seems a shame to just chuck that
resource.

Anyway, just musings so far.

	Chris - AE6VK

P.S. - That's two go-ahead-and-solder votes so far.