[hpsdr] FX2 / I2C multi-master

Christopher T. Day CTDay at lbl.gov
Wed Mar 15 13:54:46 PST 2006

Eric,

>From my glance at the I2C spec,

<http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/acrobat_download/literature/9398/
39340011.pdf>,

there doesn't appear to be a need for a distinct arbitrator if the
masters behave themselves.

I've been trying to get to working with the OpenCores Wishbone-compliant
I2C master. Unfortunately, so far I have gotten myself stuck working
through the Wishbone examples; as far as I can see, the simple DMA
example is wrong and I haven't managed to fix it yet. Anyway, the I2C
core should do everything necessary, I think.

	Chris - AE6VK