[hpsdr] Cypress FX2 + SDCC

Eric Blossom eb at comsec.com
Sun Mar 19 12:18:03 PST 2006

On Sat, Mar 18, 2006 at 08:29:35PM -0800, brainerd at bmi.net wrote:

> I have a board I designed with a Cypress CY7C68013A chip.  I have been
> able to load a program on it using the Cypress Console program, so I
> know the board is working.  I would like to program it using SDCC.
> Can someone point me to a source for the necessary register include
> files.  Also, is there a simple ap (say turn one output bit on and
> off) to use to get started.  I also have an AD9959 board and a A/D -
> D/A board and a QSD/QSE board to interface.
>

> Dave - WB6DHW

I suggest you start with the USRP framework.  It uses SDCC, has the
relevant libraries, Makefiles, tricks for memory allocation, is
*really* free, and is known to work ;)

Download the usrp tarball, or CVS, then look under usrp/firmware

http://comsec.com/wiki?CvsAccess
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnuradio/usrp-0.10.tar.gz

CVS is more up to date, and has had some house cleaning done.
The firmware basics are all in the tarball, however.  If you are
also interested in the host side library and verilog for the fpga,
I'd definitely go with CVS.  They are quite different from the last
tarball.

Eric K7GNU