[hpsdr] Fw: Lionheart to Atlas bus signals...

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Mon Mar 20 15:59:37 PST 2006

>...  I've also brought the
> I2C bus out to the edge of the PCB for future use.  Lyle, what protection
> would you suggest we put on the I2C at the board edge?

First choice is something like the Philips PCA9515A, which is an I2C bus
repeater.

In general, I'd like to see some sort of RF decoupling on any signals
that go off-board or off-Atlas.  Perhaps a pi network or 100 pF caps and
either an SMT ferrite bead or a small SMT inductor, depending on the
speed of the expected signal.  This will protect us from stray RF,
reduce our EMI footprint, and help a little (but not a lot) with ESD.

It is easy to carry this to extremes, of course :-)

73,

Lyle KK7P