[hpsdr] Kicad library?

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 16:42:47 PST 2006

On 3/22/06, Ray Anderson <ray.anderson at xilinx.com> wrote:

> Chris-
>
> Are the SO8E and SO8N parts what you are looking for?
> I think they are SOIC-8 .
>
> As far as I know , no one has put together a HPSDR specific library yet.
> Currently the layout is going on with different S/W packages for many of
> the boards.  There is a migration issue for designs done under many
> other packages in that there doesn't seem to be an easy way to import
> them into Kicad (at least the programs I investigated).

> Since the HPSDR project is 'GPLesque' it would be nice to base it on GPL
> design s/w as well IMHO...
>
> 73   de   Ray   WB6TPU

I think this is a great idea.  Can we commit our libraries to SVN?   I
have a library I have been adding to as time goes on.

I am committed to trying to use Kicad.  The Atlas was done in PADS
because I was having some trouble at the time with PCBNEW.  I am also
finding that I also need to maintain my own build of Kicad to correct
some annoyances.  I want to redo the Atlas schematic and board in
Kicad.

73 de Phil N8VB