[hpsdr] Starting BOM already

Christopher T. Day CTDay at lbl.gov
Sat Mar 25 10:05:16 PST 2006

Horst,

My Googling led me to understand that the issue is one of stability of
switching power supplies - particularly multiple output voltage ones -
under low load; I think that the feedback signal gets too small in some
designs. The point here is that it depends on the details of the
particular power supply design. One option would be to keep the minimal
load resistor, or whatever, inside the PSU box, but for cost reasons,
that's often not done. Anyway, it seems to really depend on the power
supply in question and apparently the picoPSU-120 is intrinsically
stable. No need to waste any of its output on a dummy load. We'll see.

	Chris - AE6VK