[hpsdr] ATLAS PCB fab status ??

Eric Ellison ecellison at comcast.net
Mon Mar 27 15:46:48 PST 2006

Ray

I was getting REALLY nervous about a 62 board Alpha so bounced it off Phil_C
who had done one of the quote estimates. He  mentioned a "no touch" place
which had some really low cost prototyping. The turn around is only about 10
days so pretty quickly we can distribute 3 alphas to Phil, and probably Phil
and Bill for electrical testing. Even though everyone has carefully looked
at the board, and verified he design and layout, this way, without too much
delay we can check out the design with low risk to the rest. Surely eases my
mind a lot. Then we can go for broke with confidence on a production version
and give it wide advertising, the increased orders, should bring the board
cost down in the sub $20 dollar range.

I felt that the alpha is just a prudent step and the boards should be
ordered tomorrow. Thanks Phil_C.

Thanks

Eric

  _____