[hpsdr] ATLAS PCB fab status ??

Eric Ellison ecellison at comcast.net
Tue Mar 28 14:30:59 PST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Ellison [mailto:ecellison at comcast.net]
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 5:21 PM
To: 'Robert W McGwier'
Subject: RE: [hpsdr] ATLAS PCB fab status ??

Bob.

Beats me! (smile)

Well, I guess the obvious is to build up the external connector(s) section
with all parts. Power on tests, with an ATX supply make sure power is where
it should be at all connectors and not where it should not be on any of the
buss lines. Test on-off cold switch function leds etc. Test of ease of
soldering with the thermals.

It would be nice to see if we could run some dynamic tests on the traces.
See how fast we can go, perhaps try lvds on various buss members.
Reflections? Impedance?

Final test with a Tinus Olsen (I have one at work we use for 2x4s) for
bearing load.

Ray, can you help me out here? Anyone else? I hate to show my ignorance but
it's shown! Dan, elaborate on the VNA and possible tests? Phil VK6APH and
Rick - VE3MM have them working.

Thanks
Eric