[hpsdr] Pinging Lurkers

Christopher T. Day CTDay at lbl.gov
Wed Mar 29 18:27:12 PST 2006

Eric,

I did mean that mostly as a joke, I think. I mentioned the Wolfson CODEC
only because you sent me one for Xmas and it's still attached to its
card.

Regarding non-FPGA goodies, there is an article in AmQRP Homebrewer #6
on reprogramming an Antenna Analyst AA-908 [got one of them] as the
controller for a TCXO - Temperature Compensated Xtal Osc - which won the
prize at Atlanticon last year. [Also got the Crystallizer board.] See
"The TC908 Temperature Controller". It might be of interest to stick one
on a board for the stability folks. [Haven't assembled my Reflock II
yet.]

And on the keyer front, I would have thought it might be a good idea to
mount a K1EL WinKey chip on a board - he's made them in SMT at least
once if we insist @ $6 - and get high quality control software
immediately, Ham Radio Deluxe among others. Then we fake a COM port over
the USB - common practice - and can spend the FPGA LE's on making lovely
tones with perfectly keyed envelopes and not reinventing a fine piece of
work.

	Chris - AE6VK

P.S. - I _love_ these little kits, in case you haven't guessed.

P.P.S. - I don't turn down free software either.