[hpsdr] Pic on Atlas

Eric Ellison ecellison at comcast.net
Wed Mar 29 18:51:50 PST 2006

Chris

Not a prob! I have a full license for the FED PIC compiler which I will send
to you. I'll also send my 4550 eval board if you want to play with it. It is
still on my bench running "hello world" in it's own way! Phil - VK6APH,
myself, and Steve K5FR played with it for a while with the PIC 4550. Phil
was doing the heavy lifting, but Steve and I were following right along with
the C stuff.  FED compiler has some bugs, but the folks at FED do have their
hearts in the right place. Just last week I stopped reading their forum and
Piclist since I can't follow it all.

Please check out the Picastar project which along with HPSDR effort to be
presented by Lyle at Dayton is another great SDR project!

I am trying to read from the 'top down' in that forum each night, but it is
HARD to catch up on 3 years of development by the most creative minds in the
world. Peter G3XJP along with many others have done a marvelous job with a
PIC to evolve a complete radio. If we could put their efforts on the Atlas,
it would be supurb. Harold - Johnson W4ZCB will be making the presentation
on Picastar at Dayton in our SDR conference.

Hang!

Thanks
Eric