[hpsdr] Sasquatch

Robert McGwier rwmcgwier at comcast.net
Tue May 2 08:58:00 PDT 2006

Frank and I have discussed porting DttSP to the TMS320C67XX family in
support of several projects including this one, AMSAT SDX, and in
support of a university course and text Frank and I are developing to
give to our first class of senior engineering students next Fall.  It
will be the usual open source implementation of the SDR in support of
this project.  The port will be available under svn.   The development
tools are not cheap but AMSAT has provided these tools to Lyle and
Frank/Bob for this purpose.

I did a work project using DttSP with a C++ wrapper to fold into a
system.  It could support 100  15 kHz demodulators running in parallel
on a 2 GHz Pentium III Xeon Dell server.  There is more than enough
horsepower on the TI to do a single channel doing the entire suite with
some attention to details such as we already should have done in the
code already (optimization of nonlinear function evaluation for embedded
computing).

73's
Bob
N4HY