[hpsdr] Sasquatch

KD5NWA kd5nwa at cox.net
Tue May 2 09:10:39 PDT 2006

But when is the SVN address going to be published so we can start
taking a look at the code? I know it's a work in progress, but it
would be nice to start getting familiar with it.

At 10:58 AM 5/2/2006, Robert McGwier wrote:

>Frank and I have discussed porting DttSP to the TMS320C67XX family in
>support of several projects including this one, AMSAT SDX, and in
>support of a university course and text Frank and I are developing to
>give to our first class of senior engineering students next Fall.  It
>will be the usual open source implementation of the SDR in support of
>this project.  The port will be available under svn.   The development
>tools are not cheap but AMSAT has provided these tools to Lyle and
>Frank/Bob for this purpose.
>
>I did a work project using DttSP with a C++ wrapper to fold into a
>system.  It could support 100  15 kHz demodulators running in parallel
>on a 2 GHz Pentium III Xeon Dell server.  There is more than enough
>horsepower on the TI to do a single channel doing the entire suite with
>some attention to details such as we already should have done in the
>code already (optimization of nonlinear function evaluation for embedded
>computing).
>
>73's
>Bob
>N4HY
>
>--
>AMSAT VP Engineering. Member: ARRL, AMSAT-DL, TAPR, Packrats,
>NJQRP/AMQRP, QRP ARCI, QCWA, FRC. ARRL SDR Wrk Grp Chairman
>Laziness is the number one inspiration for ingenuity.  Guilty as charged!

Cecil Bayona
KD5NWA
www.qrpradio.com

I fail to see why doing the same thing over and over and getting the
same results every time is insanity: I've almost proved it isn't;
only a few more tests now and I'm sure results will differ this time ...