[hpsdr] [ATLAS] Is 6 slots enough?

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Thu May 11 13:50:53 PDT 2006

Hi group,

Is the 6 slots of the curent ATLAS design enough?  Since there are
only three ATLAS alpha boards in existence should we add more slots to
the design?  If so how many?  8 slots?  10 slots?

Another option would be to design some kind of bridge between two
ATLAS boards.  Depending on how the ATLAS boards are mounted we could
have a pretty simple PCB that connects a slot on each of the ATLAS
boards together... two ATLAS boards would give us 10 slots for
example.  Maybe this could be part of an IO board design so we would
really have 11 slots?

Or do we just provide some way to interconnect only certain signals
between ATLAS boards so each might have their own OZY or SASQ boards?

73 de Phil N8VB