[hpsdr] SDX Design, HORTON, CASMIR, and GIBRALTAR

Alex harvilchuck at yahoo.com
Mon May 15 07:32:32 PDT 2006

Lyle,
Looking some more at the P3E SDX block diagram. Are flight test L & U band receivers are existing and are being exhibited at Dayton? Or is the hardware still at prototyping stage? Is the design for the receivers available? It might give HORTON design a boost.

The reason behind my asing is this quote fromm the AMSAT-NA website ...
"A working Software Defined Transponder(SDX) on 2M and 70cm, like the one to be used on our EAGLE satellite will be on display."

What if GIBRALTAR placed a 10MHz signal onto ATLAS, and then MERCURY, HORTON, and CASMIR could use it as a reference signal as a basis for whatever local osc frequency was required. For Bob's phasing idea, there could be a separate LO bus shared between multiple CASMIRs. I worry that we might be introducing too much noise into the system if we try to ship a VHF/UHF LO onto ATLAS.

Alex, N3NP