[hpsdr] Image rejection

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Sun May 14 21:46:55 PDT 2006

Surprised this did not get answered on the Flex reflector ... though it
seems to be having some mail delivery issues of late so perhaps your query
did not make it out to all the subscribers.

I think it's a known problem that the IQ correction factors vary by
band.   There's been talk of having multiple calibration constants in the
software so it could use the one most appropriate, or interpolate but it's
never been implemented, probably because there's a better way to solve the
problem.  The better way to solve the problem is to use the impulse
generator on the RFE board of the SDR 1000 to measure the impulse response
of the system and then to use that data to derive the correction factors
that need to be applied.  I believe Bob McGweir (N4HY) has that one on his
list of code to be done (among plenty of other things I'm sure)

As to the hump at DC -- it's normal - everyone sees it from one degree to
another.  It's AC hum and various mixing product of that hum.    Better
soundcards and grounding produce less of it, but I believe most people see it.

Regards,

Bill (kd5tfd)